22 October, 2009

From the Halls of Montezuma....

I just heard a commercial narrated by Morgan Freeman, It was a nice message, he was asking for donations to help schoolkids with supplies.  A noble cause in my mind.    I was however disturbed with how it was pitched.  He suggested that we help "level the playing field", and buy supplies for these kids.  Level the playing field.  Level the playing field.  

My friends, the world is not flat.  I'm teaching my child to fight for position. To take that hill. To not be satisfied with what she's given, but to challenge herself to gain.  I refuse to tell he that trying is all that matters, or to tell her "You did great!!!" when she gets a B on her test.
I love my daughter very much, and I want her to be prepared for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Join This Discussion!